teaser

Guest ObsoElitist

Guest Good Old Days

This is certainly a strechted Stuuuuuuuuuudebaker!

Is it a 1927 Dictator?

Don't hold us in suspense too long!!!

Carine

Guest Good Old Days

It looks like a bus or truck chassis I admit.

The front with the 2 front doors seem to be quite original, the rest is a bit a mess.

Funny enough I just red a story in a dutch car club magazine about a Norwegian hotel owner who collects american cars like this, for 9 or 10 persons! The hotel lies in a 'Fjord' and in the 1920's & 1930's guests were driven to the hotel with these kind of vehicles, mostly american. This is why the owner collects them now. He has a fine collection; Buick Six 1927, Studebaker President 1932, Nash 1931, Cadillac 57 1919, Studebaker Six 1925, all 9/10 persons.

Perhaps mr. Teaser is also a collector of 'big' cars?

Carine confused.gif

Guest RonDawg

That's a 1926 Studebaker Big Six. It is on a 2 ton truck body. It started service at the Le Grand Union High School, Bus #8. It was purchased by a gentleman in Le Grand and the back of the body was removed. The bus section was placed in a barn. The next owner put the body back on, however it lacks the floor boards, seats and as you can see the top. The driver's side shows better signage. If any one knows the seat figuration or the top make up, I would appreciate it. emali me at ronangib@sbcglobal.net. Thank you for any ideas.

Guest RonDawg

Thank you Carine Terlouw for the pictures. This is my first project and I hope to get advice and ideas from many of you Stude fans. Thanks again and appreciate your help

Guest ObsoElitist

Sorry about the delay, I meant to post before leaving on a Cadillac tour. It seems that I ran across a 37 Cadillac bus in a barn on the trip too.

This is Ron's (RonDawg) Studebaker Flexible 1925, more shots on photobucket at here

The top for the car is a mystery, but it appears to me that it probably had a "California" top. Ron did a great job on his Model A, and now he will be restoring a real car. haha

Please don't ask where the barn is.

Paul Calman

Guest Good Old Days

Glad to be of any help, although with the pictures it's still guessing! I think more people are intrested in following your work on this special Studebaker. I know the wood work can be very much, we just completed our 1928 Dictator Tourer body, but worth while!

Please do send us some pic's from time to time!

Tell your pal I don't want to know where the barn is, it's empty now I guess!

Good luck!!

Carine cool.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Good Old Days

Here are some more pics from buses I found for you!

Some are Dutch buses, but they show some interior as well.

Hope you can use it for your bus!

Carine wink.gif

post-56819-143137990822_thumb.jpg

post-56819-143137990823_thumb.jpg

post-56819-143137991073_thumb.jpg

post-56819-143137991075_thumb.jpg

post-56819-143137991076_thumb.jpg