Central CT AACA Show June 8

CCR AACA is hosting its 34th annual car show on June 8 (rain date is 6-22) in Glastonbury Center. Antique auto fee is $8 (inc. all passengers - pre-1928 no charge) and $4 for general admission. This year we expect to have some interesting features on hand including race vehicles courtesy of Bundy Motors; vintage stock cars including local racer Don Moon and a display from Dragone Motor cars, a nationally known dealer of fine Brass and Classic cars.

Some of the proceeds go to local charities. If you are in the area we hope you can turn out for this show, email me at smackinnon@comcast.net if you have any questions.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping this would be the year I'd make it, but, alas, my wife is graduating from a program down at the Bronx Botanical Garden that same day...so I'll have to wish you all a great time this Sunday, and also hope to hear some post-event reports!

Steve, I also just heard about another Glastonbury event happening Saturday, June 21st, at the Irish American Home Society on Commerce Street, which I'm hoping I can perhaps make it to, instead. It's a benefit event for the Glastonbury Police Association's scholarship fund, and runs, I think, 5 to 9pm. There are other details, which I can forward to you directly if you have any interest. I'll be adding it to the SAAC Calendar page shortly also.

Anyway, best regards and have a great time on Sunday!

Dear Stock Steve;

Re; your quote" I was hoping this would be the year I'd make it, but, alas, my wife is graduating..."

Didn’t you hear of the guy that was sitting at the World Series game with a seat next to him that was vacant?

There was no way that you could get a ticket to this sold out event, so a guy asked him why the seat was vacant. His reply was that it was his wife's seat and that she had died and he couldn’t get any of his friends or relatives to use it as they were all at the funeral.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Roger Walling</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dear Stock Steve;

Re; your quote" I was hoping this would be the year I'd make it, but, alas, my wife is graduating..."

Didn’t you hear of the guy that was sitting at the World Series game with a seat next to him that was vacant?

There was no way that you could get a ticket to this sold out event, so a guy asked him why the seat was vacant. His reply was that it was his wife's seat and that she had died and he couldn’t get any of his friends or relatives to use it as they were all at the funeral.

</div></div>

Very good Roger!

But in the interests of, ah, "domestic tranquility," I think I still have to pass up Steve's Region's show this coming Sunday!

For anyone in CT, especially pre-war guys the Putnam Bridge (route 3) is still closed due to construction, it was opened for Memorial Day Weekend but will NOT be open this weekend. Prewar guys will most likely want to check their maps to avoid 84 to route 2 in Hartford unless traveling early enough to beat the usual mess there. There are plenty of alternate routes, though, if you know this ahead of time.

Steve, Congrats on the wife's graduation. We will expect you next year! I prob. cannot do the 21st. but will pass it along

Thanks