KK - Legend or Hype?

KK availability has expanded rapidly over the past year in the midatlantic states, primarily through an extensive network of supermarket kiosks.<P>KKs seem to be popular in metro DC. Soooo, one of the local TV news programs did a consumer preference piece about a week ago taste testing how KK compared to a local brand and Dunkin Donuts.<P>I thought the ideal test subjects would be the local law enforcement personnel, but the TV station choose one of the largest car dealer's staff as the connoisseurs of fine donut cuisine.<P>The blind taste test results showed that the car dealer employees (heavily oriented to shop staff) voted the best tasting donuts as follows: Montgomery Donuts (local) 22, KK 18, and Dunkin Donuts 2. Comparative costs per doz. were: KK = $6.00, Montgomery = $5.75 and Dunkin = $5.00.<P>Have there been similar consumer preference donut tests in other parts of the country?<P> wink.gif" border="0

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

Ted,<P>I have not seen any similar "taste tests" here, but I'd like to say that Montgomery Donuts must be #*%@ good, judging by the coparison. The Dunkin' results don't surprise me at all.

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Ted, I know KK's fare well among the Wyoming AACA crowd. Any comment D Binger and hvs? SalG<p>[ 08-07-2001: Message edited by: SalG ]

KK is the best donut I have ever had hands down! I ate my first KK in the DC area when I worked there about 4 yrs ago. I felt like I had never really eaten a "real" donut until that day. I have been hooked ever since. I have been curious since I started logging on to this forum what all the commentary on KK donuts is all about? I have always felt like there is an inside joke/explanation as to this topic. Please clue me in if you would so I can understand the context of all this KK talk.

72 electra -<BR>I don't know if KKs are an inside joke or not! A search of the last 18 months on the DF brought up 53 threads, most with multiple mentions of KKs. Almost as many mentions as there are parts of a car. <P>To give you a flavor (yeah another pun) of the DF KK talk click on this: <A HREF="http://www.aaca.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001081" TARGET=_blank>http://www.aaca.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001081</A> <P><BR> rolleyes.gif" border="0

Howard, aka hvs is King Krispy on the DF. He just loves those gooey things. At the Founder's Tour they called him up to the front during the final banquet. The local donut shop (who supplied donuts for the coffee breakds for all five days) presented him with a GIANT donut just to show they could outperform Krispy Kreames (or however you spell it). The one donut fed the table of 10! ... smile.gif" border="0<BR>I know Howard will check in when he gets home, so for Howard (originally from Ballermer): We came through Glen Burnie on the way home and there's a new Krispy Kreme shop right across from the Maryland DMV. So, Howard, you can go home again! ... smile.gif" border="0<P>[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: Dynaflash8 ]<BR> grin.gif" border="0<p>[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: Dynaflash8 ]

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Hi all, I am the self appointed keeper of KK financial news. Whenever I see or hear of any news I post it and everyone gets a kick out of it. Back in February at the AACA National meeting in Philly, Pa the DF group got together and Howard was wearing a KK hat just (like the old gas station hats) a photo of him in it is in the annual meeting photos. Here is a little info on the annual meeting and the Df get together. <A HREF="http://www.aaca.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001275" TARGET=_blank>http://www.aaca.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001275</A> <BR>SalG smile.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0<p>[ 08-07-2001: Message edited by: SalG ]