WTB 1970 Buick Electra Parts

Mark Shaw

Guest 70 Electra

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark Shaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My list of parts I need are as follows:

-centre caps for ralley rims (5)

-front emblem on front bumper between grills

-chrome headlight covers (4)

-OR a complete car for parts.

Please contact greg at 1-905-843-9332 or email me at... rcarson.42@hotmail.com

Thank You

Greg Carson

Toronto, Canada

</div></div>

Greg,

Are you OK with repro parts? I believe some of this is available.

1. There is a guy by the last name of Romanowski, that advertises in Hemmings and (I think) BCA Bugle. As I recall, he has repro center caps and/or emblems for chrome road wheels. FYI, if you're buildign the car to be judged: chrome road wheels were not available on the Electra in 1970.

2. For the bumper emblem, try Emblemagic (online) for a high cost, stock-looking emblem. For an inexpensive one that fills the holes, but does not claim to be authentic, try John Williams of Illinois. He advertises in Bugle.

3. Not sure what you mean by "chrome headlight covers". Do you mean the diecast bezels that go around each headlight? Or the stainless steel aftermarket glared shields that some folks put on their headlights?

4. Complete cars are not hard to find (try ebay or local Craigs List)but may not be as complete as you want! Most that I've found have the engines missing, since 1970 high compression 455 is a hot item.

5. I don't have too many spares, but do have a few 1970 used and NOS items. I will send you a PM with the list of stuff I'm looking to get rid of.

Thanks,

Greg in Detroit

• 1 month later...
Guest Rick P.

Cars Inc, oldbuickparts.com has the wheel center hubs and emblems. I saw them in the catalog only. Don't know how good they are.

I'm curious about Greg's comment about the rallye wheels. I recently bought a 70 225 conv. that had them and I've seen several for sale on line with them. The 1970 full line brochure also shows them as "available on most 1970 Buick models."

Guest 70 Electra

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rick P.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm curious about Greg's comment about the rallye wheels. I recently bought a 70 225 conv. that had them and I've seen several for sale on line with them. The 1970 full line brochure also shows them as "available on most 1970 Buick models." </div></div>

Rick,

It's true that you'll see many 1970 Electras with chrome road wheels, but they were not available from the factory. All 1970 literature (order guide, showroom album, salesman's facts, and order forms) is clear on this. They were available on ALL other full-size 1970 models, including the Estate Wagon.

This makes no sense to me, as they look just as good on an Electra as on any other model. However, that's the way it was. You may or may not get wacked for this in BCA judging, but theoretically the chrome road wheel would be a full deduction on wheels, just as if you had Cragers on the car.

The first year for chrome road wheels on Electra as factory equipment is, I believe, 1973.