WTB Carter AFB 3665 S from a 1964 Riviera

Bill,

I can restore an AFB for you. I primarily work with Pontiacs but have a large number of AFBs including those from Buicks. A restored carburetor would have been completely disassembled and thoroughly cleaned, the hardware replated in cadmium and zinc, the springs will have been baked after plating to prevent hydrogen embrittlement, the body and top bead blasted and sealed, and then reassembled with a kit and test run on a 389 Pontiac engine on a test stand. My price for a restored AFB is $225 + shipping.

I do not sell cores.

I will try to post a picture of a restord carburetor.

John

post-32996-143137982216_thumb.jpg

John,

Here is a question you may be able to answer for me.

If the base of a carter 4 brl (off my 65 Wildcat 401) is corroded from excessive heat/gases is it able to be repaired or do I need to find a better base?

I know they should have a stainless steel plate there between the base and the manifold but mine was missing and the base of the carb is noticeably damaged from heat.

Rebuildable or do I need to find another?

If the corrosion has not been to the point where there is a hole or holes in the bottom of one or both of the bowls you can bead blast the area to clean it out thoroughly, or use a dremel with a wire wheel, fill it with JB Weld, and then file and sand the filled area flush with the carb bottom. I have done this a number of times.

You could probably do this without consequences even if one or both of the bowls are holed but I wouldn't unless the body were really rare and I couldn't find another one.

Of course you could also get someone to rebuild the area with a tig welder.