stuck carb float

tbirdman

Rick, no, not electroplating. Maybe someone else will jump in and explain metal spray. We just use new ones, so don't do the metal spray; but not everyone has that option.

Electroplating might help if everything except the fingers were taped off. Tolerences on these parts are extremely tight.

Jon.

Guest imported_Speedster

I think the hot-metal spraying process is also similar to that used in the manufacture of electronics components such as Integrated-circuits. If that's true then they can control thicknesses down in the microns, for very accurate tolerances.

Very interesting, I had never considered using a process such as that to repair antique carburetor parts before. I can certainly see why that would be the best way to do it. smile.gif

Probably wouldn't work very well on brass or bronze parts tho? smirk.gif And it's probably only good for exterior surfaces, not for something like a worn throttle-shaft hole?

(which is the problem with one of my spare '29 carbs) I suppose the shaft could be sprayed to make it larger tho.

Are there any kinds of additives that can be added to the fuel that will improve performance when using modern e10 fuel? I have heard of folks using kerosene, but I think that was to drop the octane rating?

This has probably been asked before, but perhaps something new is out there.

Tom