Willys reading material

I love old Willys automobiles. As a new member/poster, I don't know what's already been presented. I am looking for books, literature, articles, anything about the Willys autos from '33 thru '39.

I am interested in them from the street rod aspect, but want to know more about them historically. I'd like to know about the different body styles available, the engine combinations offered, etc.

Thank you for any input.

Welcome to the AACA Forum, I think there are adout 12 Unrestored or STOCK Restored 1933-41 Willys in the world. I saw my frist stone stock '39 Willys a few years ago and ther really look odd before being converted into a Gasser. If you have one with a documented race history there is a place for it in class 24A. They are to Drag Racing what the '32 Ford Roadster is/was to Hot Rodding. Google Gasser Maddness and you should find some info or likks to other Gasser/Willys sites.

Dale...Welcome to the Forum.

Our AACA Library & Research Center is a repository of thousands of original automotive books, spec sheets, and, sales literature.

In addition to 1937hd45's advice...

1. Click on Library under the Resources block above for an overview of our Library & Research Center and Request Form info...or,

2. Phone the L&RC and speak with Kim Miller, Librarian or any other staff members. (717-534-2082)

Best,

Peter J.

Reason I asked, someone on a classified site was advertising a '34 Willys Vickie (victoria). It was pretty cool looking, but I'd never heard of one before. If it was a Willys front end on a Ford Vickie body, they did a pretty good job of grafting it.

Guest De Soto Frank

The WOK Registry (WIllys-Overland-Knight) might be of help, with regard to info about original cars.

In the most generic of body-style classifications, during the '33-'37 era, Willys offered a Coupe (2dr, 2-passenger), Coach (2 dr sedan), Sedan (4 dr sedan), a Panel Delivery, and perhaps a Pick-up truck (although during this period, Willys was building pick-ups for International Harvester. The earliest Willys pick-up I have seen is a '38).

In the 1920's and '30s, auto-makers played-around, coming-up with new names to differentiate Ford's two=door closed car from Overland's two-door closed car (arbitrary examples).

The term "Victoria" <span style="font-style: italic">usually</span> referred to a two-door closed car, with front and rear seating for four (five if they were small), and usually having a padded, non-folding top. The Victoria model usually had a different roofline than the regular 2 dr Sedan (Coach) from the same manufacturer (Tradtionally, the 2dr and 4 dr sedans share the same body and roofline; only the placement of the "B" pillar and window arrangement changes).

I am aware of two automakers offering a "Victoria" model in the '30s: Ford, and Packard.

Good luck in your quest for the Willys "Victoria"

De Soto Frank