Need help with '41 Buick fender ID

Matt Harwood

Guys, I need someone with a parts book or a more thorough knowledge than I have. A friend of mine has an NOS rear fender that he ended up not using on his '41 Special 4-door sedan (model 41). It's perfect. He has someone interested in it who has a two-door model 46, and that fellow wants to know if it will fit his sedanette.

I checked the fit against my Century and it was very close, but not perfect. It was close enough that I'm thinking that either A) it is correct and my Century's body is tweaked from where it was hit years ago, or B) the two aren't interchangeable, but merely very close in size and shape. My long-held belief is that all 40-60-90 series cars used the same rear fenders, but now I'm having doubts.

Can anyone confirm or deny that the 2-doors and 4-doors in the fastback body style used the same rear fenders?

Thanks!

Guest Howard Purvis

Matt,

You are spot-on. Rear fenders for all 1941 40-60-90 models are the same; left fenders without door locks have the door, and all came unpunched.

Howard Purvis

Matt:

1941 Parts book confirms you and Howard. #1317590 Rt and #1317591 Lt fit Models 41 41SE 46 46S 46SSE 49 and all 60 and 90 Series. No holes punched for trim. I don't have confirmation if they fit the smaller A Body Specials but I doubt it.