Serpentine Belt Tensioner Pulley

Guest REATAMANZ

Guest imported_REATAMANZ

My serpentine belt pulley is squealing. I got one last year used. Is there a solution instead of buying the whole Tensioner??

Yes, buy only the pulley with a new bearing already installed. OR if you are careful you can remove just enough of the plastic holding the bearing in the pulley so you can knock the bearing out and press a new one back in. The latter is what I did on my Reatta.

The on-line price for the pulley/bearing is $17.74. For that, I doubt that it pays to replace the pulley only. The tensioner, on the other hand, would set you back $85, but since they last forever and are found on just about every 3.8 GM motor, salvage yard is the best place for it.

Guest steveskyhawk

I find these tensioners last about 100K. They will then begin to make noise when cold in the AM. Time for a new one. They are easy to change so the used route is ok if you have the time. I put on new due to the time.

Guest imported_REATAMANZ

RONNIE,

Pressed out the bearing went to auto zone to see if they had a bearing that size. They had pulleys that fit a Reatta.

Guest imported_barra

I just had one replaced new on my '88 for $39. The mechanic didn't charge labor for something that took a couple of minutes.