1939 Zephyr @ Charlotte

volvopv

If you are the owner of the black 1939 Lincoln Zephyr that was at the Charlotte, NC AACA meet yesterday, I admired your car for quite awhile in the rain. It is beautiful car. I have spent most of my life admiring flathead era Ford and Mercurys and have had very little exposure to the Lincolns of that era. It is one of the most beautiful designs I have seen.

That car was indeed, beautiful. Owned by Donald Peterson. I stared at it several times at Charlotte, and also at Hershey. At Hershey, I invited him to have it featured in the AACA magazine, but he never showed up for the photo shoot.

I'd sooner buy that car than a like-condition Continental coupe of any year.

post-33613-143137977018_thumb.jpg

The irony is that the low production Continentals were saved and treasured in such numbers that they are now easier to come across in good restored condition than the 3-window coupes, and this does have an impact on prices.

And how about this for irony: Even adjusted for inflation, as far as I can tell, the 37-9 three-window coupes were the lowest priced Lincolns *ever*. So much for the idea that base models won't appreciate in value ...