Cracked Belt Tensioner Pulley

Guest steakneggs

Guest steakneggs

I finally found what that noise was coming from my engine. How do you get that bolt off? The same one that is used to rotate the tensioner. Is it left hand or right hand threads? I can't find it in either of my two manuals. I haven't tried it yet. It's an '88. Steak

Guest steakneggs

I got it off. It's left-hand threads because that's the way you pull it to loosen the belt. My well-used wooden hammer and 18mm box wrench broke it loose. Steak

Guest steakneggs

I beg to differ bro. I got it off by turning it clockwise, which would be to the right, making it left-hand threads, as in lefty-tighty etc. It would be right-hand threads if the tensioner swung the other way. Steak

Guest Ranger

It all depends on how you look at it. From 1200 to 1800 you're turning it to the left, from 1800 to 0000 you're turning it to the right.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, I don't like the damn glass.

Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It all depends on how you look at it. From 1200 to 1800 you're turning it to the left, from 1800 to 0000 you're turning it to the right.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, I don't like the damn glass.

Jim </div></div> <span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'"> <span style="font-size: 26pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">?</span></span></span>