Source For Snubber Belting

Bill Boudway

• 4 years later...
Guest TrevorOU
Bill....There are several sources for this material. Restoration Supply out in Escondido Calif. has 5 different widths plus several other antique auto supply houses carry it.

Restoration supply doesn't carry the smaller widths anymore, saying the supplier doesn't make them. So I haven't found a source yet for 1-1/4" or 1-1/2" belting for my 4 snubbers, and the larger sizes will not fit in mine.

I am wondering if anyone knows who might carry other sizes or what I could use as an alternative?

Also, mine had some kind of lubricant on friction points on the reel, does anyone know what is available that might work appropriately in them?

Edited by TrevorOU (see edit history)

Restoration Specialties in Pa carries 1x3/16 and 11/2 x 3/16,the larger sizes are no longer available. A lot of this material is going obsolete due to cost of manufacture compared to sales. Even the old cork style glass setting tape is almost gone! Their number is 814-467-9842

• 1 month later...
Guest TrevorOU

Thanks! I was able to find some from them. So, I should be good for a while now.

One of my friends said he found that car and marine upholstery shops usually have some strong belting material which works just as well. I was thinking about having seat belt material sewed to resemble the snubber belting. Maybe I'll try one of them when I have to replace mine in the distant future...