Buick Master Six

I am based in England where Buicks are not very common, I have a 1926 Master Six fully restored and used for the last ten years, however i now have a problem. The riser assembly (carburetor to manifold) has disintergrated, can anyone assist with a replacement or offer advice. The parts manual no is M-146-501 Robert Herring

Robert what is the problem with your heat riser? If the steel tube on the inside has rusted away it can be replaced. If the outside cast iron part is falling apart it will have to be replaced, though others may have different solutions. You may do better to post this thread on the Buick Club pre-war forum. There is a higher concentration of Buick owners there.

Dave

Dave Yes you are correct the cast iron outer assembly has disintergrated, i have considered having it repaired, i am informed it would not be possible, another option offered is to make a pattern and have a new one cast, very time consuming. So as it was made in the States and there must be quite a few in preservation there, I thought i would search for Buick enthuisasts via the web and seek there assistance. Using a computer is all rather new to me hence the delay on putting photos of the offending part to you. Having established the part required is it a common replacement item, Is there the likelyhood of one being available? I will take your advice and attempt to put this on the Buick Club pre war forum. i much appreciate your help

Hello Robert,

I have a heat riser, but I'm not sure what year or model Buick it's from. It's newer than 1923 and it's not for a 1927 Standard 6. The flange measures 4" between bolt centers, and 4" tall. The flanges are rotated 90" from each other. If it will work for you, it's yours for the cost of shipping.

post-31116-143137975562_thumb.jpg

post-31116-143137975593_thumb.jpg

post-31116-143137975606_thumb.jpg