Romar upgrading

Guest backyardmachinc

Guest backyardmachinc

Romar has been doing some up grading. smile.gif Thay now have a toll free Phone number for orders only (888-827-7601).Also are accepting MC.,VISA,@DISCOVER Cards.International orders are welcome too.

I agree with nearchoclatetown --- I've quit trying to contact them because they NEVER answer e-mails.

If you check the DB Newsletter, you will find what I consider to be quality parts suppliers specializing in DB vehicles who promptly respond to your inquiries.

Guest backyardmachinc

hello, This is Vern from ROMAR my grandson was on here told me to check this out.After reading the post from FMF I went to his profile check his email address then went back to our past email files and found out that we received three(3) emails from him we awnser all three(3) two (2) came back block I then check others and found out that we have had others come back too. I spent over 1-1/2 hours every morning senting out emails.I try to awnser emails within a day or two.A lot of times emails does't get pass the anti virus program we have install so This isn't a case of where we/I being ignoring emails. I'm on the ROMAR chat room everynight at 9:00 PM est.until ????? come on in and get a replay direct.

Vern.

In an effort to help Romar, I also keep records of my e-mails which show that I sent requests for information to them on 6/12/06, 2/15/07, 2/16/07, 8/13/07 and 1/10/08. I only have one response from Romar dated 6/29/06.

Again, please understand I'm not trying to be a wise guy but obviously Romar has some sort of a major problem communicating via e-mails. I'm sure Romar and others can understand the frustration of a DB owner in need of a part and not receiving a prompt answer from a vendor.

Guest backyardmachinc

That is a question for some one that is more exsperince with these then I. For sure we will be have this look into

Thank you both for pointing this out to us.

Until next time

Vern.

Guest backyardmachinc

As of yesterday 03/19/08 we have change to another anti-virus seems the old one was to sensitive for our needs.

Again I thank you both.

Until next time

Vern.

Guest DBtouring

I would like to add something to this discussion.

Vern mentioned his Chat Room and I would like to see more DB people using it. Four years ago when I got my 21 DB, I knew nothing about them. Took me a while, but I finally found his Chat Room and over the last few years he and other people that come onto the Chat Room have helped me a lot. I've made new friends from New York to Oregon and now, I've even been able to help a few people in NC with the knowledge I've gained.

Vern has become a good friend and no this is not a paid advertisement for him.

I would just like to see more people using the Chat Room and sharing knowledge, problems, etc.

We can all gain from it. A lot of people keep talking about keeping the hobby going with the next generation and I feel the same way, but that's hard to do when we don't share the knowledge we've gained about the cars, the history of the Dodge Brothers, our excitment, the fun we've had on tours or meets, etc.

I've even been able to make the trip from NC to his shop in PA. Got a tour of all the DB stuff, got to spend a couple nights in a Train Caboose Motel and participate in a 3 day mini-meet with other DB and Plymouth cars. It was a blast.

Vern is usually on the Chat Room everynight after 9:00 pm EST. Come in and talk DB's.

For those who don't know, Vern's Web site with the Chat Room Link is:

http://www.geocities.com/romardb/index.html

To get on the Chat Room, you may have to download the newest Version of Java Software and the link for that is:

http://www.java.com/en/

Java is used by lots of web sites and is safe. You probably already have it and don't know it, but if the Chat Room don't work for you, then you need to download and install the latest Version.

James Ratliff

1921 DB Touring Car

Western North Carolina