FLORIDA

rrs814

Look at the typical person who bought Reattas when new. <P>Also at the time Buick sponsored the Bay Hill Open (golf) and brought in a raft of top-of-the-line cars for dignitaries which were than sold locally.

Florida has a nice warm climate year around and a lot of older people that live/retire/snow-bird in Florida that prefer American cars, especially Buicks. smile.gif" border="0

Even tho the Reatta is not considered a "classic" yet,[20 years old], Florida has a huge amount of colectible cars, they just live longer without Winter.<BR>The heavy afternoon summer rains however are not fun with the door/window seal leaking that is very common. Thank God for a garage!

While we do not yet have all the Reatta's listed on the data/faq page (www.reatta.net), it would be an easy exercise to obtain a small sampling of locational data from the existing database.<P>Go to the database area of the above web site, and either search on " FL " in the text version, or download and sort via Excel.<P>A quick survey provides some 259 out of 2801 state listed vehicles (30 May 02 database) from Florida. This equates to roughly 9.2%, although 343 (12.2%) appear to be from/in Michigan.<P>Interesting.<P>Of course it follows - more VIN's, more data, larger database, higher accuracy.<P>Have you sent it your VIN to Barney yet?<P>Please help us help you. If you see a Reatta on the road, perhaps you could garner the VIN, exterior/interior/moulding color, conv color, CD/Sunroof/16 way seats etc.<P>Just a thought.<P>--Tom

Just in case someone asks... a quick (and more accurate) "countif" statement on a worksheet produces the following numbers (sorted high to low):<P>State Count<BR>MI 342<BR>FL 259<BR>CA 211<BR>OH 183<BR>TX 173<BR>IL 153<BR>PA 109<BR>AZ 104<BR>NY 103<BR>MA 77<BR>NJ 72<BR>MN 70<BR>MD 69<BR>VA 66<BR>WI 58<BR>IN 52<BR>NC 50<BR>MO 48<BR>TN 48<BR>GA 47<BR>WA 47<BR>CT 42<BR>CO 33<BR>IA 29<BR>SC 29<BR>KS 28<BR>OK 28<BR>KY 25<BR>OR 23<BR>AL 22<BR>LA 16<BR>DE 12<BR>NE 12<BR>MS 11<BR>AR 10<BR>HI 10<BR>NH 10<BR>NV 10<BR>ID 8<BR>WV 8<BR>NM 7<BR>DC 6<BR>SD 5<BR>RI 4<BR>UT 4<BR>ME 3<BR>MT 3<BR>ND 2<BR>AK 1<BR>AS 1<BR>VT 1<P>Unkn 510<P>CAN 19<BR>CN 5<BR>CP 1<BR>France 1<BR>Germany 1<BR>Holland 1<BR>Netherlands 2<BR>Ontario 7

Quite a few in Florida however if you look at the same land area in the midwest (OH, IN, MI, IL, WI) you find three times the number. Two and a half times even if you include GA.<P>Of course a large proportion of Florida cars have never seen snow (but one drive in the surf at Daytona is equivalent).

Just Curious...is that count from the VIN #'s Barney has, or a Department of Motor Vehicle count? Either way, in Ohio (183) Reatta's makes my 'atta rare as far as Im concerned! wink.gif" border="0

NO2diver... the above numbers are ONLY from the existing DB he has collected. We've (yet) no way of obtaining DMV information to substantiate the counts.<P>At best, it's a guess at the sampling numbers, but again, the more VIN/data we collect, the more higher the quality.<P>--Tom

Since from Barney's data, could also be an indication of the Reatta's whose owners are also computer literate.<P>Incidently the Pontiac club shows the same demographics - high concentration in the MidWest, followed by NorthEast, then the SouthEast. May also just indicate where GM people are and where they retire.<P>Another interesting (but stupid) observation is that the numbers of "interesting" cars produced and sold in California was relatively low in the 60's and 70's with more GTOs produced in Baltimore than in California plants. <P>Incidently, Texas is the other state I consider "home" - southern and no-income-tax.

• 3 weeks later...

Tjenkins, looking at your list Holland and Netherlands is the same country. And there is at least one in Belgium because I'm driving it (I bought it in Holland a year ago). '89 black/tan Reatta with sunroof and 16-way seat, VIN: 1g4ec11c7kb905575<BR>Greetings from Belgium, land of beer and chocolats.

Guest EDBS0

Cisse;<P>I drink a Chimay in your honor on Canada Day July 1st. Can only get the Premium not Grand Cru frown.gif" border="0 <P>You must have real fun getting parts?<P>Robert

Robert,<BR>Chimay is good but try also a Duvel, Leffe, Kriek, Hoegaarden or "Verboden Vrucht"("Forbidden Fruit"), ... or one of the others (several hundreds). <BR>Getting parts is hard (and expensive) but driving a Reatta is one of the best things that happened to me. <BR>Cheers,<BR>Cisse

Guest Dolores

Hey not all drivers of Reatta's in Florida are retirees! I live in West Palm Beach and I haven't reached middle age yet! I've been asked many times, what kind of car is that? I love it, where can I buy it?