My Classic Car Season Premier - Feb 24

BUICK RACER

on SpeedTV, My Classic Car will feature the "Back to the Bricks" cruise in Flint, MI this past August 16, the Woodward Dream Cruise alternative.

It's on at 3AM EST, 9:30AM EST Sunday February 24 and Tuesday February 26 at 3PM. Not sure you will see many Buicks, but we were there in force.

This years event is even bigger, check out the web site at http://backtothebricks.org/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aaron65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A show in Flint, and no Buicks were highlighted? </div></div>

I didn't expect any, being there, and watching what was going on! There was Jim Maclean's '56 Roadmaster, and <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Click to reveal.. <input type="button" class="form-button" value="Show me!" onclick="toggle_spoiler(this, 'Yikes, my eyes!', 'Show me!')" /></div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div style="display: none;">Dave and Becky Pettengill's '79 Century Turbo</div></div></div>Wrong, I think it was Tom Halka's his is white, Dave and Becky's is gray in the background of the Lincoln, they spent too much time on. They never made it down to where our Buicks were parked!

Aaron65 and All,

Let me preface by stating that I'm as gung-ho "Buick" as most anyone out there. Past BCA Board member, Chapter Director, etc., etc., BUT....

In all due respect, the purpose of inviting Dennis Gage and "My Classic Car" to Flint was NOT all about Buicks. The Back To The Bricks Car Show & Cruise is all about reliving the "good old days" in downtown Flint, on the bricks, with our cool old cars and trucks. By having the show on "My Classic Cars" it shows the entire nation that Flint is alive and well, NOT the dreaded place to live that some have painted.

Back To The Bricks is NOT a "Buick" show. It's a "car show" for everyone. And, what a concept, it's absolutely FREE to all participants, whether they drive a Buick, Chevy or Amphicar.

Over 9,000 vehicles were displayed over the three days of the show, which has been expanded to four days for 2008.

All "guesstimates" indicate well over 50,000 spectators attended as well. All for FREE!

So, dear friends of Buick, please do not pout or be "put off" that Dennis Gage didn't feature Buicks just because Flint is a "Buick town". Instead, be super-happy that he featured FLINT, the birthplace of Buick!

Nuff said,

Bob Leets