Beige 1961 Starfire....Where Did It Go??

Guest 70 Electra

Guest 70 Electra

About 5-10 years ago, there used to be a car museum in NW Ohio, along I-75 (just south of Findlay as I recall). They specialized in low mileage cars. The museum has since folded up and the cars were (presumably) sold off.

One treasure they had on display was an UNRESTORED beige 1961 Starfire with something like 16,000 original miles. It had the original 2-color convertible top, and perfect leather interior.

Has anyone else ever seen this car, or know where it might have gone?

Guest 70 Electra

West,

No, the place I was referring to was just south of Findlay, and on West side of I75. It could be seen from the freeway, but was not at an exit, so it was a bit inconvenient to get there.

Snooks is further north and on the East side of I75. But I should contact Snooks and see if they know of the other place, or might even be related to it.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

There was an auto museum adjacent to the "Endless Endeavors" antique mall in the area you're describing. Everything was auctioned approximately 8 years ago. I remember an article in a magazine on the high prices bid on the signs and memorabilia. The building was empty for years, possibly still. I know this is not answering your question as to what became of the car.