Looking for 1923Graham 1 1/2 ton truck bits

slumlord

Hi, I'm getting closer to getting my '23 Graham fire engine on the road and am wanting to know where I can get a new front spring hanger bolt from, they would be the same as the car front springs. If you know can you give me an email address for the supplier too? as I'm from overseas and don't have access to your local information. Also, I'm in need for two front grease caps (hub caps) for the front wheels, (with GB on them).

Anyone know of any rear brake drums or any other parts for one of these rare beasts? I look forward to your reply, Brian.

Hi gboy, I'll try a machine shop close to me, as an indication for me, what price would those bolts normally cost? They are the spring bolt with the grease nipple on them, fitted through the spring.

My wheels are, front and rear, 24". Rear wheels are wood with steel fellows, they had 6" split rims and wedges to hold them onto the wheels. I don't have the split rims or wedges as they rusted out. Some of the brake lever parts I am after as mine rotted out and they have left hand threads. if easy to get from US then I will otherwise can get them made here. My brake drums would be about 13 or 14" dia, internal/external brakes.

I'll try to send a pic of my truck, don't know if it'll work or not.

No, cant see a way of sending a pic.

Machinists are known to be grumpy, expensive, AND slow!

I agree with you on that one, I think I would rather go buy a new spring hanger bolt than wait for ever to have one made.

Do you have an email address for Romar and Roy Brister please?

I'll try emailing Myers and see if they have them. I recently joined up here and haven't yet paid subs in order to get the club mag. How can I put photos on this site to show you the brake parts? Chuck, I might still have your email address, I'll send pics to you. Brian.

Really great, thank you my friend. Ahh, so you're one of those machinists who might like to wind up us unsuspecting customers , you know those who want their thing made yesterday and it's made in two days and get to wait for two weeks. Ha Haaa. I do the same with my electrical work. Worked on my fire engine for a good 11 hours today, making good progress. Know of any trucks same as mine for parts? Brian.