Red 1990 Reatta with 47,000 miles in Sarasota FL

Ronnie

<span style="font-weight: bold">Time is running out to buy this car!!</span> Thursday it will be taken to auction.

As Enoytsur posted before, there is a Red 1990 Reatta with 47,000 miles on it for $3,995 at Germain Toyota in Sarasota, Florida. The car was originally listed at $9,999.00. On their site they marked it down so it is listed for $6,999.00. It was advertised last week in the Sarasota Herald Tribune newspaper and the sale price is $3,995.00.

Yesterday it was advertised for $2995!!! I printed off a copy of the ad if someone needs it. There will be a processing fee of around $600 on top of that plus taxes and registration. That is what I was told.

I was in the process of purchasing it but cannot complete the transaction. (Read my last post here.

As far as I'm concerned it is now again for sale. I had a hard time getting the dealer to agree to sell it to me. He did agree to hold the car for me until Thursday when they plan to take it to the auction. Whether that offer will stand for anyone else or not I don't know. The Pre-owned Manager wants to send it to the auction because it has some defects he is not wanting to correct.

This car is too nice to have it sold at auction. I would like to see someone here on the forum get this car instead of having it hauled away to a used car lot. The known defects are: a bad right front hub bearing making noise and possibly heating up (may require towing), issues with the paint on the front fascia below the bumper and some chipping of the paint between the front bumper and the hood. The rear bumper rub strip has some paint that appears to be worn off. There is a small mount of what appears to be minor rust on some parts. See the photos below. Don't rely on the photos on the dealerships website.

Enoytsur has indicated to me he is still willing to assist anyone with the purchase of this car. I will do the same although what I can do may limited by the car being over 700 miles away from me. We are in no way affiliated with this dealership.

Good Luck!

post-52331-143137965183_thumb.jpg

post-52331-143137965185_thumb.jpg

post-52331-143137965188_thumb.jpg

post-52331-14313796519_thumb.jpg

Ronnie,

I have been following this story all along. I was hoping for the best. It seemed that things were finally going to come together for you. I know that everyone was pulling for you and waiting to read the next installment of your story.

My wife always says and we both truly believe that everything happens for a reason. You and this car were just not meant to be. For some strange reason, every roadblock that could be, happened to you. So close but yet so far.

What you have to believe is that there was a reason and things will work out for the best. As some say, "when one door closes, another door opens".

Make the best of it and keep everbody informed as to your hunt for another Reatta.

Good Luck, Chin Up!

Stevo

I feel the same way about this one. Me getting this car was not meant to be. I'm happy with the beautiful '88 model I already have but I would really rather have a '90 model or '91. I like the dashboard better. At least I think I would. smile.gif

You can read the rest of the story at the bottom of this thread.

Thanks for your encouragement.