LIGHT SHOW

Guest Jim Piro

Guest Jim Piro

Opening and closing the door does not work.

I had the door panel off and put it back o <span style="font-weight: bold"> </span> n. What did I break now!!

Guest Jim Piro

Just so you all know. The door handle when lifted turns on all the interior lights and the milage shows up on the IPC. When you open the left door and shut it the show starts. I have had the doors opoen this winter because of a bad CRT and couldn't remember the seguence but following the procedures in the FSM led me in the right direction. Basically, there was no problem. All the inside stuff is done and we have to get it an jack stands and pull the wheels.

Thanks for the help!

yes, it is made that way so you are seated in the car when the show starts. I should have said lift the handle and open and close the door. It works even if you are still outside the car. Kinda glad mine stopped working. Only neet for a few times and then anoying...........ken

Just got my car back from the body shop. They removed the latches to paint then reinstalled and now no light show. Odometer comes on, as do interior lights, including dome light. Just no "Light Show." Where do I look in FSM for help? [Actually so the body shop can repair].

Guest mongeonman

They probably forgot to reconnect the wires when they put the latch back on,or they broke wires when working inside the door.I would take the panel off the door and take a look for some loose wires,the body shop broke many wires and contacts when they painted my car.GOOD LUCK!Look at pages 201-17 201-15 and 116-0 all in section 8A,

Guest Dan Cook

I still like it. If nothing else you can see if any of the lights are burnt out after you are used to looking at it for a while.