question re. 40 chev fenders

40 2dr sed

This is my first 40 olds so it is a learning big curve, and I can not say it enough, Thanks for your patiants!

I shuld have mentioned I have a set of rear fenders and deck lid off a 1940 olds(I was told) They looked right at first until I compaired them to my original ones both the trunk lid and the fender are to long and the drivers fender has a fuel door my series 60 does not. The fenders have factory slots in the front I assume for rubber chip guards.

I also got some other extra parts when I picked up the car and I noticed on the radio grill there is a emblem that says hydro-matic 8 I think they are off a series 90 L-40?

There is a guy looking for rear fenders for a 40 chev coupe what series olds will work for him? I also noticed that both chev. and pont. the fuel is located on the pasinger side not a big deal to drill or patch. I could post pics tonight of these parts

Only the small body Pontiac and Olds will interchange with the Chevrolet. I would have thought the driver's side would also interchange, since neither the Pontiac or the Olds, in my memory (small body)have gas tank doors like a Buick. Actually, I don't think B body Pontiac and Olds had gas tank doors either. Now, the beautiful 40 Olds 90 and Pontiac 29, I just can't remember if they had gas tank doors. Also with the B and C body Cadillacs, there may be some interchange with Buick-Pontiac-Olds B and C bodies.