Miniature Packards

Steve_Mack_CT

While I continue to wait for that right deal, I am thinking of adding some miniature Packards to my autombilia collection. I do have one, it is a bit unusual in that is is a truck. This is a Packard dump truck (one of several body styles) that was made by the Keystone toy company I believe in the 20s. Just like the real thing, it has been the subject of a full, professional restoration. I don't want to scare Packard35 (see post on paint grin.gif ) by telling him what that cost to do and that was a few years ago. Interestingly, these seam to defy the standard "if you restore it you will ruin the value". Had it since age 13 or so so I guess that does not matter anyway.

Does anyone else have any unusual Packards that may be garaged in the den or family room? wink.gif

Guest imported_Speedster

I have an unusual picture of an actual 1910 Packard Truck. It looks like it was used as a Bus or they had a Very large family. laugh.gif

post-33516-143137962696_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_Speedster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigKev54Clipper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought those were just rebadged exported Studes for the South American market. </div></div>

I've heard that before. You're probably correct, but I've never heard Why they needed to Do that ??? Probably had something to do with a contract with Packard, not Studebaker.

BTW- I do have several models of Packards, but nothing very Special or Unusual.

I think it had something to do with distribution rights in some part of South America, and the only way to sell those trucks to that area was to rebadge them as Packards.

But perhaps someone else could fill in more details about that story.