warning cruise control disengaged

piper7738w

Diagnostic center, while I am driving, will display the warning that the cruise control is disengaged. It keeps repeating this warning. My cruise control works absolutely fine. I push in the cruise button, the light comes on, set the speed, it locks in on the speed, disengages when I set on the brakes. I still get the warning.. How do I solve the problem?

Padgett, I checked diagnostics, The warning comes on as soon as I put the car in drive. I checked the codes. It shows B671 cruise-servo position sensor circuit as a current code. Looked in the service manual under all the headings for cruise control.Don't know where to start. servo? cruise brake switch? Vacuum solenoid? vent solenoid? Open for all suggestions. Thank you Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The warning comes on as soon as I put the car in drive. </div></div>

Knowing this, I would start by troubleshooting code B660 in the FSM page 8D2-70. Could be the transmission park/neutral switch at fault. Will the car start in drive? If you have a 91 model there may be other switches that could cause it also.

That sounds like an open in the servo (black thingie under the intake hose on driver's side of the engine compartment. Try R&Ring the connector first.

Bad news: servo assembly is very expensive from GM. Good news: they are on almost every GM car of the period.