Flint Sign

Guest norb

This large billboard was on northbound I75 just south of Flint. Note they are all gone except Buick which is hanging on with a few people

post-35886-143137961556_thumb.jpg

What a friggin shame. The American Auto Industry needs the American people to wake up and realize the quality is the same. It may have been the foreign auto industry that finally woke us up but the fact is , we are awake and competitive. With the loss of the auto jobs, there is a hell of a domino effect which trickles down to everyone.

Enough said before I get my wings clipped.

Stevo

Guest 70 Electra

Norb,

What a cool sign! As a relative newcomer to the Detroit/Flint area ("only" 25yrs), I never remember such a sign. Do you know when the picture was taken?

To remember what it must have been like in the "good old days", one only has to pick up a copy of the 1955 Time magazine where Harlow Curtice was chosen as Man of the Year. The inside is filled with tales of how Flint is the model city for modern America, and how GM can do no wrong. Boy, how things have changed....both with Flint and with Time magazine.

It is interesting to note that I have a plaque in my "Buick Room" that was given to the city of Flint in 1958 by Ed Ragsdale of Buick complimenting Flint on it's 50 year relationship with GM

It was thrown in the trash by one of the Flint Mayors to make room . Fortunately a friend salvaged it and thought it should be displayed in my room.