Spray guns

Bhigdog

I guess it's time to retire my old Binks Model 7 spray guns and go to gravity HVLP guns. I'm looking at a DeVilbiss GTI 620G. I want a gun that will handle everything from high build primers to single stage acrylic enamel. The GTI 620 comes with 1.2 1.3 & 1.4 tips and looks like it will do the job. Does anyone have any experiance with this gun or have any other reccomendations. I'm not shopping for price.....Bob

HVLP is definately the way to go. To handle the tasks you listed, you're asking a lot from a single gun.

For high build primer you want a 2.2-2.3 tip; for 2K primer/sealer a 1.7; and 1.3-1.4 for final paint/clear.

I would recommend a less expensive 2.2-2.3 gun for high build primer only; another 1.7 gun for primer sealer and a better 1.3-1.4 gun for final paint.

In 2000, I took a gamble on a small company called Lexaire and their HVLP. No regrets. Vertical, horizontal and round spray patterns from 6-16 inches wide and a pneumatic trigger is what sold me. More expensive than others. Look closely; they sell the robotic arm version to OEM's.

Website is poor, but product is recommended:

http://www.lexaire.com/

Chris

We've been having problems with spray guns to the point to where we've contemplated having a gun to be used for nothing but clearcoats. It seems like no matter how good you clean a gun out, we'll run clear through it and from time to time we'll pick up some gunk out of the gun (maybe paint that we didn't get out all the way that got loosened up by the clear).