1934 buick

minkka

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Minkka:

If you post this in Prewar Buicks, you will get a better response.

That being said, your car should have on it certain numbers. These numbers are on small plates mounted on the body and have on them numbers that indicate "trim code", "Paint code", "Model number" and so on. Also, the engine will have a set of numbers (the engine number) stamped on it. Finally, the frame will have a plate on it with a "Frame Number".

I can decode these numbers for you if you post them or send me a PM.

Regards, Dave Corbin

Buick Club of America, South Central Regional Director

Hello Minkka,

How about posting some photos. Is the car a McLaughlin?

I had a friend import a RHD McLaughlin Victoria Coupe into Australia a number of years ago. It came from England where it had been sold new.

It was a 50 Series, nice car and I last saw it a couple of years ago when getting a new paint job.

Looking forward to reading more about your car.

Maybe someone can link this thread to the BCA prewar forum?

Guest DaveCorbin

For all on this thread:

Minkka sent me a PM with the engine and frame numbers on this car. It's a 1934 40 series, packed at Flint in July 1934. Code indicates an assembly point as non-USA, probably Holden. I've asked for body plate info.

Regards, Dave Corbin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveCorbin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For all on this thread:

Minkka sent me a PM with the engine and frame numbers on this car. It's a 1934 40 series, packed at Flint in July 1934. Code indicates an assembly point as non-USA, probably Holden. I've asked for body plate info.

Regards, Dave Corbin </div></div>

Engine numbers for Holden ( Australian ) bodied Buicks for 1934 ran 42914181 to 42950809 and chassis numbers 2706453 to 2777649.

Body styles were

8/40 Sedan production of 618

8/40 Coupe production of 65

8/40 Roadster production of 45

There were also 204 8/50 Sedans bodied by Holden that year and 19 8/50 Coupes.

There were no Victoria Coupes produced, only the standard 3 window coupe.

If Holden produced it should have a small rectangular nickel plate screwed on the outside lower cowl ( right side ) depicting a Lion over the word Holden.

There should be two data plates, one nailed on the seat frame under the left side ( passenger ) and a second on the left hand main rail near the footboard ( this should state style and build number ).

Where is the car? in the US or Australia.

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Stuart:

The numbers Minkka gave me were 2,986,111 engine and 2,753,111 frame, right in the middle of the ranges you give.

I also invited her, acting as your advocate, to join the BCA (That's the Buick Club of Australia !!!).(not America.)

I note your production figure of 65 coupes. I would be very much interested in your source, especially if it shows Buick model by year production pre WW2. If you could send it to me as a file in my PM's for my records, I'll put it in a quickly usable spread sheet, just like I've done for Buicks 1904 thru 1958.

Regards, Dave Corbin

Guest DaveCorbin

To thread:

Sorry for the fat thumbs in the previous post. Frame number should have been 2,753,812. Sorry for the error.

Regards, Dave Corbin

Hi minkka,

This may be of interest, photo taken from original General Motors - Holden's Limited advertising material of the all new 1934 Buick coupe.

The only obvious difference from it's US bodied counterpart ( apart from RHD ) is the body moulding and use of straight front and rear bumbers.

post-31244-143137960643_thumb.jpg