closed car top material

Guest imported_Terry  kean

Does anyone know of a source for the original type of top material used on the late 1920s and early 1930s dodge closed cars?

I do not want to use the Ford cobra grained material.

Thank You, Terry

Guest DodgeKCL

Then you're out of luck. In 30 years of restoring I've never come across any other material for closed car roofs. I bought some 'cobra grained material' from a now defunct company some 20 years ago out of their catalog and they told me the same stuff had been in their stock since the 60s. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Terry: Long and short grain top materials are about the only type you can readily purchase today. They were used universaly not only by Ford. If you contact Restoration Specialties in Windber PA they should have some "smooth" top material. It's really a misnomer because it does have a slight leather type grain in it. They can furnish you with samples. Their number is 814-467-9842 Mon.-Fri. 9-5. Good hunting Jim

Thanks for the replys on my top material question. Jim, I will be calling Restoration Specialties. The remnants that I have of what I believe is the original top material do have a leather type grain. Thanks again, Terry