Frame Transport

Guest Mike Hogan

Guest Mike Hogan

I'm trying to transport a 1940 frame across country. Does anyone have any suggestions? The car haulers want to charge me for an entire car, the freight companies want to charge me for two entire cars, and DHL wants to charge me for three entire cars.

Mike isn't there a auction site for transportations, where you actually can get in touch with the trucker. I remember seeing one of those sites, just didn't bookmark it. I searched for it since I need to get the Caballero down from Canada to Georgia later on. Anyways when you get the trucker directly it's a whole lot cheaper, they aren't getting much for what they are doing most of it ends up with the middle man.

Cheers

Dyna

Guest kevinshea

Mike

are you sending just the frame or a rolling frame/chassis.... if just the frame, I think Mark is onto something... otherwise, it's a car, regardless of whether it has a body on it.. takes up the same space ..

a solo frame can be stack on something else.

Kevin

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dyna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need to get the Caballero down from Canada to Georgia later on. </div></div>

Hmmm...party at MrEarl's? Perhaps I should (John could come along if he wants) should hook it up to Max and go for a road trip looking for Georgia peaches grin.gif

Guest Mike Hogan

If you could pick up the Caballero, swing by Sacramento, pick up the frame and Dyna's AC unit, which is going to Georgia, and the frame is going to Naples, FL, then we'd all be happy and eating peaches.

Okay!!! Road Trip!!! Now were on to somthing good. I have a 77 wagon that needs to be picked up and brought back to Albany too. One big circle as I see it.

Who's got the beer and the time? oh, and who's got the truck?

JD

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnD1956</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who's got the beer and the time? oh, and who's got the truck?

</div></div>

Did someone say beer? Time could possibly be made for an adventure.

Max would be more than up to the challenge. What I lack is a trailer (as of the present time).

for the price of hauling ( at a BCA discount) you may be able to net out a trailer, a share of the fuel, and all the adventure is thrown in for free.

Maybe we can pick up a new project for Derek on the way back!

That 38 semi automatic also wants to get down to Texas too I think.

[there is a purty 63 Riviera in California that needs a new home, I wonder if we can arrange a little double back on a trip to pick that up?]

Well anyone wanting to make a road trip can contact me. The Caballero should be able ship out by Mid March early April at the latest early May. What is going out from John is one Caballero and one pallet with engine, trans and two doors.

The reason why I want to ship out the AC earlier is that it's currently outdoors and Lamar is storing my 60 Special indoors with plenty of room to spare. Mike is trying to ship a frame as you know and if somebody has leads the AC could comealong otherwise it will be shipped by Greyhound.

Cheers Dyna

PS: Will try to find that transport site..