steering column anyone?

backydmech

looking for steering column as complete as possible for 1940 lincoln Continental body style 06H I have steering wheel and steering shaft itself is already installed just need outer column and any and all parts that go with it..except steering wheel (I understand 41 has turn signals on column and will not work) any body parted one (40) out and have it left over?

Check with Merv Adkins but use his phone as he rarely checks his e-mail. Talk with Merv and you may even be able to use a '41 column (or newer) just by leaving the turn signal handle out? Not sure if the post war columns have the same lock/mount location? Sounds like you need the shift lever,tube and lower shift lever assembly also. '40 only Continental parts are getting rare. This would be an excellent time to check out the steering gear box, reseal the sector shaft and remove excess play.

Been trying to call merv last couple days left message no answer or retun... But thunk I may have found supplier when he gets through digging through warehouse.. peecher am real lucky in that when I moved car I found front end tight (no play) Think I have shift assembly but I'm going to work on this week end and maby a little friday to check parts while I'm waiting for other parts, Gosh this is fun.

Phil Thanks,, Merv. did call while I was out and left his cell number for me.. am now waiting for someone to check his warehouse for the column before I recommit to someone else if they have it.. hope his mother is ok will be thinking of him.. no doubt this tough time