Bambi Damage

Guest mtworkshop

Guest mtworkshop

HELP! Bambi jumped out in front of my Yello/Ginger 89 and I could use a few parts to repair what he did to my beautiful TC. Apolgies to Bambi for the damage I did to him. cry.gif I need the following:

Left Headlight assy, Grill Radiator Duct, Grill, Grill Gasket, Grill Emblem, Grill Moulding, Bumper Cover Center, Air Cleaner Cover, Fresh Air Hose to the Air Cleaner and other appropiate stuff.

Thanks,

Mike

Here's a couple pics from an email I received that was entitled " How fast do you have to go to get a deer under your hood?" I have reduced the size so they aren't quite as...shall we say...graphic and detailed....anybody want the full size pics you can pm me. All I can say is..I'm glad I'm not his mechanic...

post-53470-143137957938_thumb.jpg

post-53470-14313795794_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtworkshop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HELP! Bambi jumped out in front of my Yello/Ginger 89 and I could use a few parts to repair what he did to my beautiful TC. Apolgies to Bambi for the damage I did to him. cry.gif I need the following:

Left Headlight assy, Grill Radiator Duct, Grill, Grill Gasket, Grill Emblem, Grill Moulding, Bumper Cover Center, Air Cleaner Cover, Fresh Air Hose to the Air Cleaner and other appropiate stuff.

Thanks,

Mike </div></div>

Mike, we just took in a 1989 yellow/ginger TC on trade with internal engine trouble and I believe we have all the parts you need for your repairs. If you would email us at mishunaire@aol.com we will try to give you a great deal on anything you still need. Thanks, Jasper 256-777-0844

I wonder if the engine was hot enough for fresh seared venison? And by the 'D' on the plate, you can bet a Bimmer in Deutschland was going at 3 digit speeds.

I will dig deeper Mike, for the other headlight. I only found the perfect one which I am keeping for a 'someday' install on mine. Here's why I'm having trouble locating it.

SANY0045.jpg

Guest mtworkshop

I may have found one in Florida. Thanks for looking. Note to Car Chick; Jasper says that the location of the hood latch post and the gas spring supports are what is diffrent between the 89 and 90 hoods.

Mike

Jeff,

That garage looks an awful lot like mine.I hope your TC isn't under there somewhere.

For what you don't want anymore,go to freecycle and join up and list what you have to give away,you'd be amazed @ the responses.

I can actually see the back of my garage because of there help.

Jim

I was planning to have a mondo garage sale but the weather turned 1st.Most of that stuff was in a storage unit for 2 years-cost about what the stuff was worth...

Guest mtworkshop

The weather is beautiful today. I left work early with a bit of a tummy ache. The exercise of wrasteling that hood into place seems to have helped. My engine hiost did duty as the two extra guys who needed to help hold the hood while I bolted it on. I think that everything will work ok. I'm going to make a new base for the hood latch pin and hook so that I can move them one inch aft. I will be able to tell more how the hood fits when I get the radiator support straightened and the lights in. So far it looks good! Except the Red hood looks really bad with the Yellow car. Thanks for your help, Car_Chick!

Guest mtworkshop

Currently My TC looks like a Clown Car with all the teeth missing. I'm educating myself on the innerds of the front end and polishing stainless bumpers after tapping out the dents. I'm also searching for a glue to hold all the black plastic togethor. Everything I've tried sop far works in tension but not in shear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtworkshop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Currently My TC looks like a Clown Car with all the teeth missing. I'm educating myself on the innerds of the front end and polishing stainless bumpers after tapping out the dents. I'm also searching for a glue to hold all the black plastic togethor. Everything I've tried sop far works in tension but not in shear. </div></div>

It's a little thick and goopy but did you try 3M Black Weather Strip Adhesive? I use it all all manner of things plastic. Let it skin for a few minutes before pressing the pieces together, then hold in place with masking tape till cured. And wear gloves if you dont want to explain why your hands are all black for about a week afterwards blush.gif They make a snot yellow color too, steer clear of that stuff, too brittle.

Alan

There's a great 3M marine product that everyone uses for permanent bonds-will find out the number of it for you.

Still looking for the headlight also...