Free 1965 – 1975 Olds Cutlass 442 Parts Manual.

texasred

Ya might want to warn people that it's 53 meg... cry.gif

Also, is this the version that's copyright 1983? If so, it's pretty useless. I bought that version some years ago and all the parts of interest had either been deleted or superseded.

Now that I'm on the T-1 line, I can see that it IS the 1983 version. Don't waste your time. As an example, this document is supposed to cover the 1965-1975 cars, but the only BBO heads listed are the J and K heads. Everything else has been superseded.

Guest JRZYBOB442

The fact that the part is superceded doesn't matter - Unless you are driving a 1999 Alero, most parts are superceded.

But if you are at a swap meet AND you are looking or a camshaft or trim ring or whatever and there is a stack of GM NOS parts in their original box, the part number IS IMPORTANT and plenty in the 1983 book are not.

Surely, there are a lot of superceded numbers in here, but a free reference is a free reference.

PS, I have a 1975 Parts Manual - goes back to the late 50's early 60's - all of the numbers in here are the originals. I haven't scanned it in, Anyone have a high speed scanner?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: texasred</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gee, Joe...I thought having a free reference manual was pretty cool.

Obviously I set my sights too low.

C.J. </div></div>

My only point is to not get too excited about this version of the parts book. I paid dearly for a paper version a few years ago at Hershey and I found it to be pretty worthless. Most of the 65-72 parts are not even in this version since they had been discontinued by 1983. The few that are left aren't factory correct (K heads for a 1970 W-30, for example).

I also think this might be a copyright violation and AACA might want to review any exposure the organization might have to publishing this document (or a link to it) for free.

Joe,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joe_padavano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My only point is to not get too excited about this version of the parts book. I paid dearly for a paper version a few years ago at Hershey and I found it to be pretty worthless.</div></div>

I understand feeling you got ripped, but this has nothing to do with that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joe_padavano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also think this might be a copyright violation and AACA might want to review any exposure the organization might have to publishing this document (or a link to it) for free. </div></div>

Read sections 107 through 118 of the Copyright Act (title 17, U. S. Code) paying special attention to the "Fair Use" doctrine.

Whatever you think the AACA or mods "might want to review" would certainly be better taken up with them, rather than airing it out publically.

C.J.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: texasred</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Joe,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joe_padavano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My only point is to not get too excited about this version of the parts book. I paid dearly for a paper version a few years ago at Hershey and I found it to be pretty worthless.</div></div>

I understand feeling you got ripped, but this has nothing to do with that.

</div></div>

Fair enough, but my original point is that before anyone takes the time to download a 53 meg file, just be aware that the only parts in this manual are those that were still available from the dealership as of August 1983. The vast majority of 65-72 parts are not in this version.