'89 Power Antenna Problems

The atenna has a relay in it under the black rubber cover in the trunk it is possible that is stuck. I live in Latham if you need help E mail me back and we'll get togeather I drive a black 89. The relay can be picked up from radio shack for about five dollars. Phoffman57@yahoo.com

More likely it is either all the way up or all the way down and the flex cable inside is broken. The motor relys on a torque shift at the top and bottom to turn the motor off.<P>You can rebuild the antenna using the procedure at <A HREF="http://www.reatta.net" TARGET=_blank>www.reatta.net</A> <BR>or I rebuild, lube and test them for $50 including return shipping.

Most likely the band that pushes up the antenna and pulls it down has broken. Try manually raising or lowerering the mast and if you can move it more than 1/2 inch the band is probably broken. I have 13 Reatta parts cars and have good used antenna assembly available. Yours can also be repaired with a new band. In the mean time remove the connector on the black relay just above the motor and the motor will stop running.<BR>I can be emailed at jfinn@computerpro.com