Victory Six back axle in Senior Six?

Guest germandodge

Hello again Gerd and good day:

There is some change in terms over the years:

A. Back then they called (what we now call) the driveshaft from the back of the transmission to the front of the rear end the propeller.

B. They called the axles the driveshaft!. These are the things connected to the wheels.

Anyway, the master parts book for what we now call the axles show right and left interchangable on Std, Senior, Victory.

So, if you have the piece about 1 meter long (shorter maybe?) threaded on one end geared on other end where it connects to differential (rear end)you should be okay.

I know you just picked up the car put a picture and description of condition would be nice.

Best wishes;

Paul

Is your Senior a 2249 (cars below IS 24721)? If it is, the prop shaft(inclosed in a torque tube) and rear axle are similar to Dodge 4 cylinder cars rather than the Victory six. The parts book list two type of "axle shafts", six splines for cars below NO.IS 15045 and 10 splines above car NO.IS 15045

Guest germandodge

Hello gundog,

my senior is a 2249, engine no. 22499. Execuse me, I did not understand, therefore once more. Is it possible to install the rear axle of the Dodge Victory six in a senior six? I can buy such an axle as a spare part.

Gerd

• 1 month later...
Guest germandodge

gundog99,

execuse my late reply. I didn`t find the number on the described place. Where exactly ist the number? Is it stamped on the chassis?

Is your user-picture a Dodge Senior Tourer?

Gerd

• 3 weeks later...
Guest germandodge

gundog99,

thank you for the picture. It`s a nice car in good shape as far as I can see. I own exactly same car, nevertheless the colour of mine is a little bit darker. Due to some cracks in the paint I could have had a look at the paint underneath and underneath it has the same paint as yours.

My transmission is broken and I have to install a new one. I hope this will work out fine without major problems. Mr. Paul Bohlig gave me some advice for installation already.

Regarding the chassis number:

Thank you for this picture as well.Unfortunately, I am not able to find the chassis number at the mentioned location.

Is it located in between shackle and bolt/stud or between the bolt/stud and the mudguard?

If it is not located in between shackle and bolt/stud, the mudguard probably covers the chassis number, is that possible?

Furthermore, I am looking for a repair manual for this car (model 2249). Do you have any idea, where to find such a handbook. It would make life so much easier regarding repairs I assume.

Gerd

germandodge,

The number is between the bolt/stud and just below the mudguard.

There is no repair manual for the 2249; there is a fair amount of information in the owners manual and if you can find a copy "Parts List Senior"( from car number IS 10000 )there are a number of very good useful illustrations. If you are keeping the car original then the rear axle information can be found in a copy of "Mechanics instruction manual"( Dodge Brothers cars up tp 1927)reprinted by Crank Hope Publications.