Best main and rod bearings for a 356" engine

Clipper47

This winter one of my projects is to inspect and if necessary replace the main and rod bearings in my 356CID engine Packard. It has a dull knock at start up when hot that instantly goes away when oil pressure builds and the oil pressure when hot is not the greatest at idle. I have been searching publications and the net for the best price and I find that they are all over the map. I am concerned that lowest price is usually not the best quality so I am asking what others have experienced with bearings and if a good brand name or supplier can be suggested.

There were some oil pressure issue on the earlier 356;s, I thik it was 2 that required converting the Oil filtera from full flow to a bypass filter to get enough oil to pressure the lifters etc.

As to the knock, Packard has .001.002.003 oversize bearing set available to address excess clearance issues. so you plastis guage all your bearing. the std bears plus 001 002 003 are around, I pretty sure i have a set of each somewhere in storage. The there alway a little STP.