Vacation Ideas

Guest wildcat62

Guest wildcat62

Alright group, I've been told at work you have two weeks...use it or lose it by the end of the year. So I am looking for some ideas. And who better to ask than car people? smile.gif

I'm looking at probably one week in mid-October and one week in mid-November. My ideas are anywhere from a trip out to Las Vegas...possibly via route 66-although I've heard mixed opinions on the route 66 idea-to maybe even a jump over to Europe for a few days.

If I do a driving tour I'd like no more than 10 days-maybe as little as five from Minnesota and back, seven is ideal. Ideas are to hit some car shows/museums or some historical areas. Nice scenery along the way is always appreciated.

So...any ideas? Any good shows going on around these times anyone knows about?

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcat62</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

So...any ideas? Any good shows going on around these times anyone knows about?

</div></div>

Yup...likely snowflakes...if you drive at that time of year, I'm sure you'll want to go south. I hear there's a regional meet going on in Texas around Oct. 12...did you even check your Bugle (my latest arrived yesterday)?

Fly to Atlanta and tour a private collection of '54 Buicks not too far away... whistle.gifwink.gif

Kris,

Not car related, but our house needs painting. smile.gif You should be able to get it done in 2 weeks no problem. We may even be able to pay you something for it. grin.gif I would do it myself, but have been to busy with Buick stuff. blush.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Budd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy cow! Look at the size of that! I always hear people yapping about Hershey this, Hershey that... I didn't realize it was that big.

Looks like fun smile.gif </div></div>

Actually about 10% of the swap meet is still out of frame of that photo. smile.gif The "parking lot" in the foreground is actually the car corral, until Saturday when it becomes the show field. If you're planning on going at this late date it will be very difficult to get a motel room within 20 miles of the place. I reccommend staying along I-78 or I-81 north of the meet to avoid 90% of the entry/exit traffic.

Wednesday and Thursday are the days for shopping. By Friday it's pretty well bought out and around noon the first vendors start leaving. By Saturday AM the swap meet is no more than 20% of what it was Thursday. However the "parade" of 1500+ cars entering the show field on Saturday morning is the most entertaining event in the whole hobby. I'd trade a decade of Woodward cruises for one Hershey Saturday! cool.gif

Guest wildcat62

Derek, I know...I know. Not the best time for car shows so I figured I would probably be heading south. Although considering how you like to come down here we should work out some exchange program and get a group of us up to Winnipeg. smile.gif

Roy, if you do decide to come up let me know. I'm sure we can get a group together to say hello. By the way, I did call Lori but they are awfully busy in the summer. We'll try to get them down to a fall/winter meeting.

All you guys torturing me with Hershey.....I would LOVE to go there but my off week will likely be right after it. Who knows? Maybe next year. I know my Dad went there in the early-mid eighties and used to tease us kids about how great it was. I think there were only 2 fields then-blue and red?

Guest wildcat62

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kris,

Not car related, but our house needs painting. smile.gif You should be able to get it done in 2 weeks no problem. We may even be able to pay you something for it. grin.gif I would do it myself, but have been to busy with Buick stuff. blush.gif </div></div>

Tom! You kill me. You realize of course that anything I start painting ends up blue! smile.gif I hope you like white trim with that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcat62</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kris,

Not car related, but our house needs painting. smile.gif You should be able to get it done in 2 weeks no problem. We may even be able to pay you something for it. grin.gif I would do it myself, but have been to busy with Buick stuff. blush.gif </div></div>

Tom! You kill me. You realize of course that anything I start painting ends up blue! smile.gif I hope you like white trim with that.

</div></div>

Kris, blue and white works just fine with me. Just make sure it's done before Sal gets home. Not sure what she'll think about it. smirk.gif

Guest imported_Thriller

Works for me...there's a couple of guys who have joined the BCA over the last year - one with a '41 Limited and another with a really nice '57 Roadmaster...and then there's John's collection.

Let's see...we could tour my storage, there's Jim's Vintage Garage, the Manitoba Auto Museum in Elkhorn (a bit of a tour to get there)...that's a good weekend or so and it would be nice to get to one of the Sunday evening parking spots and overwhelm them with Buicks.

Hmm...guess I'll have to think about picking a weekend for next year and make whoever comes welcome.