26 Buick clutch chatters

Old26Buick

I just had the clutch in my 26 Buick standard rebuilt by Fort Wayne Clutch and it chatters badly, also sounds like throw bearing is noisy when pushing in clutch pedal. I install a new throw out bearing and pilot bearing. Could I have put it together wrong? It shifts good. Thanks for any help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Old26Buick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just had the clutch in my 26 Buick standard rebuilt by Fort Wayne Clutch and it chatters badly, also sounds like throw bearing is noisy when pushing in clutch pedal. I install a new throw out bearing and pilot bearing. Could I have put it together wrong? It shifts good. Thanks for any help. </div></div> I assume that is the multible disc clutch in there that is the same as my 1925. I had mine relined as well and it never chattered. I have heard of fellows running them up against a solid wall and letting the clutch slip a little to get the discs to seat in so to speak. You will have to decide if you want to try that or get some advise from Fort Wayne clutch.