Need parts for a '77 Riviera I am restoring

Guest JC 77 Riv

Guest JC 77 Riv

I just bought a one-owner, California Blue-plate '77 Riviera that was originally ordered by my best friend in college and has been driven by his mother since. Between the two of us, we owned 4 Rivs in the '70s and 80's, but this is the only one either of us still have.

The car is in good shape and runs strong (113,000 miles) but needs a lot of cosmetic work to restore it.

Does anyone know where I can get the following:

1) Original Wire Wheel covers? ( the originial ones on the car were stolen back in the '80s.

2) Riviera "R" for the light on the padded landau top?

3) Interior trim pieces for around the doors?

4) The fake wood applique on the dash has peeled off. Can you buy new pieces or is it easier to replace the applique with silkscreening or something?

Thanks. I am looking forward to being back in the Riviera family.

Congrats! A nice car!

There were many wire wheel covers used on GM vehicles of that era. They were NOT all the same. Usually the center medallion and such were different. You'll need to determined what they correct ones look like, probably from sales literature or similar, before you buy any. There were some more generic ones from GM Parts & Accessories, but they did not look completely like the production items.

I believe the "R" is part of the coach light assembly. I might be wrong, but I believe that's the way it came. So you might need to find the whole light (either in a salvage yard or NOS somewhere).

Interior trim items would be "long gone". Same with the woodgrain applique. There MIGHT be some laying around in NOS parts somewhere, but finding them would be the thing . . . AND then that they'd be in good or at least useable condition at this point in time. Might be better off to scout the northern salvage yards of the country where the sun load was not as intense at it was in other areas . . . but then they'd have more temperature varations, so it might be a toss-up.

Just some thoughts . . .

NTX5467

Guest JC 77 Riv

Thanks for the info! I think the wire wheel covers of this era were pretty much the same from GM car to GM car except, as you say, for the logo in the center which in this case would be the Riviera "r". The wheels are actually shown in the July/August Riview ad on page 2. Any ideas where I might look for those?

As far as the light on the landau roof, one of them is intact. It may be cheaper to just manufacture a similar "r" for the other side. The rest of the light unit is there.

I can silk screen on the wood applique. It's not cheap but the plastic pieces themselves in the car are perfect. it's just that the applique has worn off.

The interior trim may be the biggest challenge. Thanks for your help!

I'd include a picture of the car (Firemist red over white) but my pictures are too big a file to post on this site it seems.

JC 77 Riv