Panel and CRT Light Dim and Wiper speed

My panel lights on my 88 will not dim and the slide switch acts like it is not hooked to anything. Ditto on the wiper speed/delay slide switch. Would you suspect the switch and if so does anybody know if they are currently replaceable.<P>Thanks for your assistance. star@webzone.net

a) when working right the slide switches do not feel like connected to anything.<P>b)they also work sdawkcab from intuitive.<P>c) mine would dim when I turned the fog lights on before spraying the entire light switch with the rat shack cleaner - aim for cracks and not the legends.

A cheap and easy first attempt would be some tuner cleaner from Radio Shack. Use the little straw to spray everything down and then slide it around a few times. Even if it doesn't get better, you haven't wasted but a couple of bucks and you might even find another use for the leftover cleaner.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem in my '90. I could not access the switch behind the face plate, but did manage to fiddle the plastic member of the slide switch to the mid position and put black tape so that I would not move the slide switch anymore. If you can get at the interior of that thing you could probably glue it back together. It was beyond me. frown.gif" border="0