1966 Toronado Vacuum hose delima

sister

I am working on a 66 series 94 96 Toronado. It has a climate controlled AC system that has been played with over the years. I am desperately seeking a vacuum hose chart that is specific to this application. I have the factory manuals. They cover all applications for 66 but this one. I have been told that this is the only literature available and that there were no suppliments. Perhaps an assembly manual would help. I can be reached at conperf@yahoo.com. Thanks, Sister

Let me get to the house and look thru what I have. I always thought the shop books were kinda vague on Comfortron too.

A good friend who retired as an Olds Zone Service Manager once told me that from 1966-73, more than half their zone level service work involved trying to get Comfortrons to work.

There is a separate Comfortron manual that was printed in 1965 and 1966. I think it has more information than the standard shop manual. In the '66 Comfortron manual there is a separate section in the back for Toronado. I used this manual many times when working on my '67 98 and '67 Toro and was always able to find the problem and get the system working. I haven't used that manual for many years. I'll have to look for it.

Paul

Good. Now that you've found it, don't be alarmed if you don't have the bleed valve that is shown in the schematic. Bleed valves were only used on earlier cars. Later cars used a sintered metallic plug instead of the bleed valve. And, many early cars were updated to the plug and the bleed valve was eliminated. That involved some vacuum hose re-routing. If you don't have a bleed valve, let me know and I can tell you what hose changes there are.

Paul

Paul, Thanks again. I have reviewed the text and have compared the patient to it. As you had mentioned there is no bleed valve. I will eagerly accept your offer in regard to the mods necessary. Thanks above and beyond the call, Sister