89/90 "cross-breed" - hypothetical question.

KDirk

Ok,

I have a question that may seem outright stupid (based on the amount of effort, and expense that would be involved) but I'd like to put it out here anyway.

Say you had a line on a 89 with a great body and engine but a "D-" interior. Then say you had a shot at buying a 90 with a really good interior but a shot powertrain on the cheap (FWIW, I do not actually have a solid lead on any such two cars but am asking out of curiosity for possible future reference)what is the feasibility of swapping the 90 interior into a 89 body/powertrain.

Now, I know the following would have to be swapped in:

ECM

BCM

IPC

SDM

Steering wheel/air bag

Interior harness (differences in seat controls, radio, etc)

plus all cosmetic parts associated with the 90 interior.

What other modules would have to be migrated, and would the engine harness and other non-module components need to be swapped as well? Any other surprises that would make this exceedingly difficult or downright impossible.

I guess I ask this because I saw a 90 with a good interior but a pretty ragged body and the engine was non-running. I may consider buying it for parts if the guy who owns it would quit playing games (long story). Since I prefer the 90/91 interior look, but would consider a 88/89 if a swap could be made I just wondered if this was even remotely doable.

Ignoring the fact it would be a LOAD of work, just for the sake of argument, do the resident experts here think such a transplant could be made?

KDirk