Plug-in connectors for stock radio...

Hi people:<P>The '90 ragtop I just bought has a Clarion am/fm/cd stereo unit installed. The origial Delco unit is boxed up in the trunk, and the original cd player is still installed in the dash but is not hooked up. In looking at the Delco unit, I see it has a a plug-in connection terminal on the back. I'm certain the Clarion replacement unit didn't have a compatible connector, and the stereo shop just cut the wires and hooked them up individually to the new unit. <P>Bottom line here: does anyone have, or know where I can get, the stock harness with connector so I can splice it to re-install the stock unit? <P>Thanks,<P>Jerry

Jerry,<BR>When you say you are certain that they just cut in ------------------have you physically<BR>looked at what they have done? Reason I question you is that most shops even Circuit City carry varieties of jack-pacs that matches the stock connectors so if you sell the car you can put the stock unit back in by pulling the extra jack extension out. Especially since the stock unit is boxed in the trunk.Worth pulling the unit out and taking a peak? Or am I reading you wrong an you already have? 2cents worth-<BR>ronvb rolleyes.gif" border="0

Ah, bless you, Ron; I'm going to bed with a song in my heart...hoping you're right. Job One tomorrow morning is pulling that damn Clarion piece of junk. Nothing would make me happier than to see an interlink/ transistion connector. Stay tuned....<P>Jerry

Even if the stock connectors have been removed, it would be a simple matter to get them (along with sections of the leads that attach to it) from say, Jim Finn for example and just splice to the existing harness... Hell the colors would be identical and you'd even end up with a slightly longer harness which would be easier for you to work on. Either way, what you are trying to do is a cinch.