What year is my Graham...?

wokka6

My father has this Graham in his garage.... It looks like a 1936-1938..? What is it..? He said it is a 120 Super Charge, the badge on the rear has three male heads on it.... I have been told this is a Graham not Graham-Paige (what does this mean..?)...if that helps.

It is the six wheel version which was apparently made for Helina Rubinstien (don't know if the spelling is correct..?) (a cosmetics business woman who travelled to Australia many years ago..)

Is this car rare..? and worth restoring...? It is complete and rust free engine is complete but needs rebuild... here are the pics...help...any info on this car would be great???

post-53118-143137943552_thumb.jpg

post-53118-14313794357_thumb.jpg

post-53118-143137943587_thumb.jpg

Guest aussie610

Wokka,

Looks like a 36/37. Need front on shots to confirm. You mentioned it was for an tour of Australia, is it still in Australia? if so where?

I am in Melbourne if it is local would be happy to come round and id it for you, maybe even bring a graham (much earlier) with me for you to look at/

Guest imported_Bill-W

I suspect it is a 1937 - note the two piece windshield in the photo of the interior. The 1936 Graham used a one-piece windshield.

Also the 1936 instrument panel had two round gauges in front of the driver while the centre section was flat. The ignition switch and two knobs were along the bottom edge of the centre section, the ash tray on the top with the radio, when installed, having the dial and knobs in the middle.

The three male heads are the three Graham brothers - Joseph, Robert and Raymond. They envisioned themselves as knights in shining armour, and thus they appeared with knight helmets and the like, at least in the early 1930's. The 1938 Graham line did not have the three brothers in any emblem. Instead the car had the hood ornament, bumper guards and headlight surrounds done with a helmet theme.

The car was called Graham-Paige from 1928 to the 1st series 1930, and then Graham through to the last 1941 model. The company was called Graham-Paige Motors Corporation from the beginning until 1952 when "Motors" was dropped.

Bill

Vancouver, BC