Photo Shoot for Hemmings Muscle Machines - Thanks,Dan!

HurstGN

Well, it finally happened. Somebody took notice of my 1982 Turbocharged Grand National. It all started when Dan Dugan submitted an article for the Bugle covering the Pittsburgh Tri-Shields Chapter attendance at the 2007 Pittsburgh World of Wheels show. Professionally written, the article was great. Well, about the time Dan was writing the article, Matt Litwin of Hemmings Muscle Machines was telling his boss about the Grand Nationals and that not all of them came in black. He told the boss about the 82's and how they were "different". Well, Matt caught sight of the article in the Bugle and contacted me regarding the car. Amidst much turmoil at work, I was able to sneak in a Sunday afternoon / evening to hookup with Matt and George from Hemmings. Dan also came along to help if we had any problems with the car. We all met up and scouted out locations for the photo shoot. Again, Dan comes through with a prime location for a photo shoot. You see, Hemmings likes to shoot in industrial settings, and ironically, gravel pits. These provide for a background that minimizes distractions and allows the car to be the star of the photos. Well, Dan comes up with a location that is huge, flat, wide open, and appropriately for a car in Western Pa, a huge pile of coal for a backdrop. PERFECT!! More kudos to Dan for finding the perfect location. Photos are shot till way past sundown. Matt was every bit the professional in his care to get the shot right to tell the 82's story. Matt and George both threated my car like it was gold. This car has never had such an honor before. Now the photos are shot, and I need to get time to get some paperwork to Matt to make all this get into the print cycle. Hopefully now that the emergencies this week are winding down, I can finish my work on getting this paperwork complete. So sometime in the future, my 82 GN will grace the pages of Hemmings Muscle Machines...all thanks to some real kewl Buick fanatics. I now know what it feels like to be the proud pappa of an old Buick.

Dan, Matt, and George.....many thanks for really making my day. I can't wait till the day the article is published and hits the newsstands.

I shot this photo of Matt shooting detail shots of the car.

post-32799-143137941673_thumb.jpg

Guest 70 Electra

Dan,

Congrats on being chosen for a photo shoot! I also enjoyed reading about your car in The Bugle, and am glad others took interest, too.

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Thanks Dan ..... I enjoyed it. Now truth be told you know as well as I do that finding that location was just dumb luck. I didnt know it was there either. But it was interesting to see how they do a magazine photo shoot.

Dan

• 1 month later...

Like in the classic M&M's commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK9-FPr7tno as Santa says "They do exist!" Yep. The October 2007 issue is arriving in mailboxes throughout the country, and I'm so happy to be in it! Pages 24 through 29. WOOHOO!!!!

Matt did an excellent job on the article and photos. I know what photos were taken well after the sun went down...he amazes me on how well photographed the car is. Once again, thanks to Matt, George, and Dan for making my day!

Great article about your "Two-tone Turbo"! My Hemmings Muscle Machines magazine arrived here in Spokane yesterday. I thumb through the magazine the first time through and read the Buicks first! Yours is a fine car for sure. Our house receives three car publications, The Bugle, Hemmings Classic Car and Hemmings Muscle Machines. I love the commentary pages by the writers, I especially like Ray Bohacz. On page 8 of this issue, writer Terry McGean refers to Matt Litwin as the "resident Buick freak". Ahhhh, there are a bunch of us around!

LeeB