Brake Pads

Guest keystone

Guest imported_keystone

I am in need of new brake pads for my 90 Reatta. Can someone suggest the best options?

Thanks

I have contacted several sources but have yet found a supplier that makes the newer "ceramic" pads for older cars (Reattas are considered older.

If anyone find a source for Reatta pads in ceramic please post it here.

Guest F14CRAZY

If you have aftermarket wheels of 16'' or larger you can do the Aurora upgrade, which would give you a lot more choices. I'm actually just using Wearever Gold pads from Advance. Considerably more stopping power and much less brake dust, plus it looks sexier.

I'm developing the Corvette C5 brake upgrade

Did you ever document the Aurora brake upgrade? I think there were several post with pieces but no final post that gave all the parts and modifications in one place.

If you write it up, it will be put in the Reatta newsletter.

Guest F14CRAZY

I would love to make a formal write up, but I have yet to figure out the parking/emergency brake cable situation

Guest F14CRAZY

I want to, but like I said, I haven't done the rears. I don't mean to insult or degrade anyone in any way, at all, but I feel that the conversion is only half finished if you do just the fronts. I can document it for you guys, but I don't think my work is ready yet for an official publication.

I really want to do the C5 conversion, but money, time, other interests, and my new car have been limiting factors. My car may not see the road again until next season.

Guest F14CRAZY

Is it wrong if you were to buy rebuilt Aurora calipers, then put your old Reatta calipers in the box and gave them back as cores?

Another thing you might try on the rears, Take a picture of the Aurora and Reatta rears side by side and post it, there are a lot of inovative people here and I am sure you will get some suggestions on how to take care of the parking brake problem.