1953 Buick Roadmaster Convertible Body Bushings

99WestCustoms

Getting ready to put the body of our Buick back on the frame. There are no body mount bushings to be found anywhere in all the parts we have. 

I have done a fair amount of research including searching this forum and I have acquired some of the information needed to order or build the right parts.

What I am hoping is that someone has a diagram or list of all the components needed to correctly mount the body back on the frame.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lee - 99 West Customs

Steele rubber offers three bushings for the body. But I do not know which goes where or how they are supposed to stack. AND... I asked Steele if they had a diagram or reference materials to help me figure out which bushing I needed and they said that they do not.

So I am still looking for a definitive materials list of what bushing goes where and how many of each that I need. 

If I can not find that I will of course make my best educated guess and get the body mounted safely.

Thanks for the information.

Lee

It would be helpful for you to post this on the Buick Post-War Forum.   There are many experienced Buick collectors who can provide useful information.   I know that one of the Buick collectible parts sellers such as Bob's Automobilia or Cars has a diagram in their catalog that shows body mount locations.    They both sell several types of mounting bolts, washers, rubber mounts, etc.

Joe , BCA 33493

• Like 1