Classic BMW 1973 restoration

Kshas

hi all

i have BMW 1973 coupe in poor condition, this is my first classic car and i would like to restore it. can any one have an idea what should be done to restore it? and how much would it roughly cost me? sorry guys for my poor knowledge about classic, but i would like to gain more knowlede

Clue us all in, please.

First, what model coupe?  2002? or a 3.0CS (E9)?    How 'poor' is 'poor'?  Is it a 'driver'?   Does it run?  Is it a rust-bucket?  The term 'poor condition' has different levels among different marques as well as to an individual assessing it as a restoration candidate.

Truth being, regardless which model, it will still cost a bundle to restore.   However, I won't personally state an opinion until you provide us with more information, including photos.

Craig

The Club defines CCCA Classics or Full Classic™ Cars as:

"...fine or unusual motor cars which were built between and including the years 1915 to 1948. (Some cars /series  recognized by the Club are currently being accepted/considered on a "Please Apply" basis due to custom coachwork etc ). All of these are very special cars which are distinguished by their respective fine design, high engineering standards and superior workmanship."

They were usually quite expensive when new with relatively low production figures. You won't find your Mom's '72 Plymouth Duster or your Grandfather's Model A Ford in the ranks of CCCA. We applaud other clubs who do recognize these cars and recognize that owning one can be a lot of fun, but they are not what CCCA is all about.

For a complete list of CCCA eligible vehicles click here

Also post on   Our Cars & Restoration Projects,  above. You can be sure you will get help from AACA members in that category. There is not as much initial attention paid to the international makes as there is in the general categories. Some of the projects people work on here go on for several years. Where are you located  ? Welcome to AACA forums ! It will be very interesting to follow your progress on the BMW !  I hope you stay with us.   -   Carl