Maxwell 1915

talbotracer

i think the whole car is genuine, they just cut the wires and disconnected the starter and used one six volt battery and a switch for the coil and used the handle

i am going to disconnect every thing and just work out how the starter works then connect it so it will start and work the lights etc. i know now that i do not need a lot of the original wires

i have done this in the past  best to start again and fix what is needed

pete

And A stands for?     ammeter      i should know that, any way took all the wires off and started again its all working the starter push was seized but i have freed it and it turns the engine ok, and i have all the lights etc working

i need to run it and see if its charging and work out if that round thing under the seat is a regulator

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2018 at 2:02 AM, mrcvs said:

I took the serial number at the start of the year and the end of the year and interpolated as to when might have been produced.  This assumes a constant production rate and is completely unscientific and could, in reality, be off by as much as several months.

i have a list of serial numbers from 1914 to 1926 not sure where i found it do you want a copy put on here

pete

On 9/7/2018 at 9:02 PM, mrcvs said:

I took the serial number at the start of the year and the end of the year and interpolated as to when might have been produced.  This assumes a constant production rate and is completely unscientific and could, in reality, be off by as much as several months.

Attached are the serial numbers

Maxwell data.jpg

i have finally sorted out the wiring on my car, i had to put 2 cutouts in the system as it has 2 circuits, i had to use 3 wiring diagrams and the patent papers for the original switch as my car is not supposed to have a starter and lights

has anyone a picture of the Dry Cells thanks

newwire.JPG

newwire2.JPG

Edited by talbotracer (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

so car now starts on the Button with new batteries and a rewire and it charges so thats good, drove it out of the garage and the brakes are useless is there a special way to set them up? i have put new linings on so that does not help

maybe they where not good from new!!