No questions to share

I check the board about everyday but I have nothing to ask or share so I decided to share something. We took the 29/30 Dictator into town yesterday. We went to Home Depot and then grocery shopping at Walmart. I filled the tank at Murphy's, we drove home and no where else, about 10.5 US mile trip at a top speed of about 35mph US. We returned to Home Depot and Walmart today and I topped off the tank at Murphy's, again which cost nearly $9 with gas running $2.799 (yes that extra .009 is correct). That is really bad gas mileage. While probably not important I just thought I would share something. 

Does your oil smell like gas?   Is it running out of the carb?   Black smoke rolling out the back as you drive?  I am  not sure how you can get 3-4 MPG without the gas going SOMEWHERE it is not supposed to.  Hopefully you just did not fill it up the whole way the first time.  Just for reference  I get about 20-22 in my Champion.   My brick-shaped Jeepster with twice the horsepower gets more like 12-15 but I tend to put my foot in that too.