1929 DA ignition coil

I have just moved from Fort Worth, TX. to Pueblo, CO and the ignition coil went out just before the move. I have come across this place http://www.mykmlifestyle.com/Chrysler_Ply_Ignition_Coil.html but haven't dealt w/ them before....any thoughts? I was thinking of just getting a 6v coil and mounting on firewall leaving the other original unit just for looks.....any ideas for that? When I got the car in '71 the coil was mounted on firewall, but don't know if positive ground affects the type I buy. Any suggestions appreciated ! Thanks!

Hi Bob. KM.......... is the name for the venerable Atwater -Kent. They have done very good work for me. Coils don't care about polarity as far as grounding goes. Just don't get the + - wiring crossed when you replace it. (I am hesitant to ask if you are 100% absolutely sure it is the coil which is bad.?)   -  Carl 

39 minutes ago, C Carl said:

Hi Bob. KM.......... is the name for the venerable Atwater -Kent. They have done very good work for me. Coils don't care about polarity as far as grounding goes. Just don't get the + - wiring crossed when you replace it. (I am hesitant to ask if you are 100% absolutely sure it is the coil which is bad.?)   -  Carl 

Thanks! That is what I was told by the firm that rewired my car....also, I get no spark to plugs, so assume that is the problem.

I have done a little armchair troubleshooting myself regarding your predicament. Have tentatively identified a problem. I found a potential source which often causes compound aggravation. You will find it in the fifth word from the last. We all make them, couldn't operate without doing so, but in this case, you must go back to simple basics. Square one thing. Assumptions are, and throughout human history have proved to be, the  cause of more folly and failure than anything. Check the coil by testing for continuity and resistance, or have someone do it for you. If the coil IS good, (they are rugged devices), do the sequential electrical system evaluation starting with the battery and working downstream from there..All connections, all polarity.   -  Carl 

1 hour ago, C Carl said:

And of course there is the condenser.  -  CC  

ADD an additional condenser ("Pardon my redundancy," as WC Fields used to remark) with the lead attached to the coil terminal which is connected to the points.  Use a jumper wire to ground the case.  Go for a drive....