engine cooling fans

oldasdirt

hi, working out the bugs in my new toy. First, I got my abs working, then converted over to vacuum brakes. It was about two hours of actual work, but as I plan on taking her on road trips through steep mountains, I thought it best. I trust the electric abs as far as I can throw it, with too many areas in which it can fail. I kept all the parts in tact for collectors value and could have the original up and running in about 1 1/2 hrs.

I just pressured up my a/c, following the directions I found within this group, thank you all for that. But, my cooling fans did not come on. Neither one of them. I swapped out the relays with, what i think were good ones, still nothing. The HVAC fuse is good too. Before I go throwing good money after bad, could someone possibly shed some light on this issue please. I shut down the a/c, and let the eng. temp go up to 225 degrees, nothing.

By the way, i installed the vacuum brake system for right at $100. If anyone is interested, I would be glad to share what I learned.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, oldasdirt said:

By the way, i installed the vacuum brake system for right at $100. If anyone is interested, I would be glad to share what I learned.

I agree with you;  The Teves system is an overcomplicated attempt to solve a problem; i would gladly give up the anti-lock feature for a reliable, convensional braking system that  parts are available for.

Could you share your changeover experience ,  I would appreciate it.

Murray